Started Jul 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mandm
Regular MemberPosts: 464Gear list
Like?
Bride Thinks Digital is Magic
Jul 8, 2012

'It's easy, just remove the white cloth with your computer and the wood altar under the cloth will be there'. The bride was not happy with my additional fee to fix all of the images that the altar is in. A church employee put a fancy white cloth over the wood altar while getting the church ready for the wedding.

My bride stopped by to deliver her request in writing that I fix each image by changing the altar to wood. I explained it would cost around $100.00 to fix each image as she requested. Well, she's a college graduate and is not stupid and knows it's easy to fix and I'm just trying to overcharge her. She then told me how to fix it, 'It's easy, just remove the white cloth with your computer and the wood altar under the cloth will be there'.

I tried to explain to her that will not work, but she kept cutting me off with 'She's not stupid and I'm just trying to get more money from her and this is how to do it'. I finally asked her 'OK, so if I use my computer to removed the dress on your bridesmaids, we would see what'? Dead silence, I just looked at her, her face showed she was thinking, but my idea of removing the dress could not work, but she could not be wrong about removing that white cloth. She finally said, 'I need to talk to my husband about it', and she left. He called me a few days latter and told me to toss the fix for the altar, he also said it would be great if my remove the dress idea could work.
I've had interesting fix it requests before, but this is the best one.
--

mandmp; 100% of my income since 1972 has been due to a camera. My hobby turned into an enjoyable & profitable career.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow