Started Jul 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
The Silver Fox
Junior MemberPosts: 40Gear list
Like?
Is buying a new x100 on eBay safe?
Jul 7, 2012

I've seen a few "new" x100's for sale on eBay, and wonder if any of you have had experience buying cameras there, or have advice to offer.

Some eBay sellers were big discount shops that had the x100 on sale for about US$250 less than list price. But they state that offering the x100 at that price means they are without the manufacturer's warranty, though they extend their own 1 year warranty. Does that make sense?

Other sellers were individuals who claim they're x100 is new. They show pictures of the x100 wrapped and nestled in its box, and then pictures of the x100 out of its wrapper (presumably to show it's in good condition). These auctions have tended to sell about US$400 less than list price. A good deal, except I wonder why the owners are selling their x100 if it's new, and I cannot help thinking that they used it for a while. Also, I think I've heard that Fuji doesn't honor the warranty beyond the original purchaser.

Any thoughts or advice on these matters would be greatly appreciated.

The Silver Fox's gear list:The Silver Fox's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F707 Canon PowerShot G11 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus XZ-2 iHS
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow