Basic tripod and guided Astrophotography tips?

Started Jul 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
AnakChan
Regular MemberPosts: 172
Like?
Re: Basic tripod and guided Astrophotography tips?
In reply to Robin Casady, Jul 7, 2012

Robin,

Cheers! You have no idea how much your responses has helped me. I'm actually on my trip tomorrow so I didn't have time to look at the AstroTrac but looking on the web, it looks like an interesting device.

So today I went out and bought the Vixen Polarie...the weight limitation is a little disappointing but I think I'm just at the border with the D800E & say the 14-24/2.8 or 24-70/2.8.

I guess I'll have to take a guess with the focusing 'cos at least with the old film cameras i can use a Matte Frasnel type focusing screen but with the digital focusing screens it's more difficult. I asked about LiveView 'cos I was wondering if I can use the digital on-screen zoom during manual focus.

Thx about the NR tip. I normally shoot RAW+JPG. I thought NR was applied to Raw too. Thx for the tip on dedicated software for astrophotography! I was gonna use Aperture and didn't know dedicated software for astrophotography existed (well, not for post processing anyway - i knew they existed for tethering/tracking during photography).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow