Started Jul 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
JaFO
Regular MemberPosts: 155Gear list
Like?
Re: The alternatives....
In reply to tedolf, Jul 7, 2012

tedolf wrote:

JaFO wrote:

Those certainly could be alternatives if you look at the cost. And if you say that the image quality is better then I'm willing to believe that as well.

As I am rather new to this type of camera (my previous camera was simple point&shoot Z2) I don't want to risk damaging the sensor while swapping lenses when I'm outside my house.

The sensor is covered by piece of glass.

I didn't know that. And I haven't looked at it that closely to be honest.

You are not going to damage it.

I'm sure I could if I tried

People have been changing lenses on mirrorless camera's thousands of time every day for years now.

If it was a problem we would know about it.

Like I said. This is my first and it's been pretty expensive, so I'm kind of nervous about doing this stuff out in the open as it were.

So to me that would be a reason to buy the 14-150 instead, even though it would be significantly more expensive.

And that would be a silly reason indeed, would it not?

Yes, but otoh I chose an expensive weather-sealed camera in favour of the cheaper m43's that probably would have been good enough.

As such I don't think it's that silly to spend a little extra on something that matches more closely to what I could do with it.

Your suggestion is definitely giving me something to think about though, because I did notice that a bit of extra range could be quite useful.

That is why we have interchangable lenses.

I know
That's why I'm glad I have the option to do so.

-- hide signature --

-- Hardware will break / Software is broken --

JaFO's gear list:JaFO's gear list
Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow