Started Jul 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
panzer948
Regular MemberPosts: 155
Like?
LR4 still inadequate since doesn't have Levels Tool
Jul 7, 2012

Hi all, trying to implement LR4 into my workflow. Have used Photoshop for years and then Bridge when I started shooting in raw for the initial adjustments. Now have brought in LR which I hoped would replace Bridge for all the initial raw adjustments (which it does) and possibly a one stop editing solution for most of my images. However, prior to LR4, I adapted several ways to master the Levels control in PS. For me, this is the most important tool in tweaking the color and levels in every photograph and is one that I feel I must run for every picture I keep. I won't bother getting into specifics of how I use it but I have not found a single tool in LR4 that comes close to duplicating this important correction. All tone does is duplicate what I can do in curves in PS. Am I missing something here? For me, it's sort of silly if you have a bunch of images you need to PP that do not require major edits like cloning, layers, etc. but you still have to open each file in PS just to tweak the levels since LR cannot do this. I also still like the sharpening and NR (Neatimage plugin) that PS offers, but accept that is more of an experience thing and preference.
--
http://www.pbase.com/panzer948

Canon 7D - Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS, Canon 17-55mm F2.8 IS, Canon 50mm F1.8, Canon 85mm F1.8, 580EX Flash, 550 EX Flash

Canon S100 - for party pics on the go and GPS logging!

Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow