Combine Olympus SLR Talk with Olympus mFT?

Started Jul 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sderdiarian
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,198Gear list
Like?
Combine Olympus SLR Talk with Olympus mFT?
Jul 7, 2012

There were 7 posts yesterday on Olympus SLR Talk. Seven. It is now approaching the posting frequency of graveyard sites like Kodak SLR and Minolta/Konica Talk.

This was up until a couple years ago a very active site, but with no camera introduction other than the pricey E-5 in this time, interest has clearly tailed off. I find this surprising, since I still actively use my E-510 and E-620 and thoroughly enjoy both. But, as they say, it is what it is.

I also recall posts ending with lists of Olympus 4/3's gear owned by the poster, which I always found kind of a peculiar way of showing allegiance and bragging a bit. No such posts now.

DPR has combined the Fuji SLR Forum with the X-100 in its title. There's roughly 1/2 a page of posts, mostly X-100 and with an increasing number of XPro 1, and not surprisingly just a smattering of DSLR posts (they've been in the desert without a new model far longer than Olympus). Doing so has breathed new life into the forum.

Is it time DPR did the same with Olympus? Given that on any given day many of the posts are now by "lost" E-M5 owners, it's already happening in any case. We'll see what comes of Photokina, but if all that appears is another warmed over, over-priced E-3 with new sensor, I'd allow 4-6 months for interest to wane and then make the change.

-- hide signature --

Sailin' Steve

sderdiarian's gear list:sderdiarian's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-620
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow