Started Jul 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nightswimmer
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
Advice needed - Condition of new a77 Cameras
Jul 7, 2012

Just over a week ago I bought an A77 from Amazon.co.uk. When it arrived the Sony tape sealing the box had been cut and fresh (slightly narrower) Sony tape had been put over the top.

Upon inspecting the camera, it was missing the gold sticker near the microphone/flash, as well as the Sony tag attached to the strap fixing point, that I have seen on unboxing videos. There was also a fingerprint on the LCD screen.

I phoned up Amazon and they agreed to replace it.

The second camera came and it too had been resealed. And although this one had the sticker/label, it had fingerprints on the LCD so had obviously been handled.

Amazon agreed to replace this camera.

The third camera has just arrived and it also has been resealed and has the sticker/label missing.

As I've had three cameras in a row like this, I just wanted to double check, that I'm right in thinking a brand new camera from Sony should not be resealed and should have the sticker/label attached?

Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow