Started Jul 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Uncle Frank
Forum ProPosts: 21,482Gear list
Like?
The "it's not an em-5" thread
Jul 6, 2012

No disrespect to the OM-D, but it's not the best solution for every photographer. It's terrific as the primary camera for folks who want a lightweight system, but, frankly, it's not in the same league as a dslr. Only full frame shooters need apply to be my backup for for a wedding, party, or family portrait session. That's not to say u4/3 cameras in the right hands aren't capable of producing great results in reasonably good (not too light or too dark) light, provided the subjects aren't moving very fast. Thanks, but I'll hang on to my d700 for serious work, and use my little camera for more casual photo ops.

Since I'm not trying to replicate a pro kit, I haven't found a reason to upgrade my Oly pl2. My gear includes the 20/1.7, 45/1.8, and an adapted 55/3.5 micro Nikkon, and I'll occasionally borrow telephoto primes, such as the 105/2.5 or 180/2.8, from my dslr kit. I also have the wonderful vf-2. I like the rangefinder form factor, and might consider a gx1 or pl4 in the future. Here's my beautiful wee rig.

The pl2 is discontinued, but still capable of producing very nice images, provided I do my part.

Let's not let the enthusiasm for a new body turn this into the OM-D Forum. Let's discuss lenses, viewfinders, and even 12mp u4/3 cameras as well.

-- hide signature --

Warm regards, Frank

Galleries at fdrphoto.smugmug.com

Uncle Frank's gear list:Uncle Frank's gear list
Nikon D700 Olympus PEN E-P5
Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SighNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow