Started Jul 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Intros64
Junior MemberPosts: 48Gear list
Like?
Lens selection for Sicily (Italy) trip
Jul 6, 2012

I need an advice regarding the lens selection for my one week trip in Sicily this August. In the past I travelled (along with my Canon 40D) with the Tamron f2,8 17-50mm (non VR) and Tokina f 2,8 11-16mm, but I have also a Canon 70-200 f4 and a Canon 50mm f1,4. Although I have another larger bag, I rather prefer to carry a smaller shoulder bag that fits along with the camera only two lenses. My question is which to chose (except the standard 17-50mm which I intend to take)– the wide Tokina or the Canon 70-200mm F4 (non IS) ? My purpose is to take photos of architecture (ancient temples in plain air but also baroque buildings in narrow streets in Ragusa, Modica, Noto ) but also seaside and mountain landscapes (I saw some wonderful landscapes done with some tele lens, not only wide zooms). Thank you !

Intros64's gear list:Intros64's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +3 more
Canon EOS 40D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow