Just bought a 7D, I'm scared.

Started Jul 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
crazybadger
Senior MemberPosts: 1,229
Like?
Re: Just bought a 7D, I'm scared.
In reply to August2008, Jul 6, 2012

Welcome aboard. I think you are going to love the camera. I can fully understand your concern. I was an early adopter of the 7D and with all the debates and claims that the 7D was useless etc etc I almost drove myself crazy pixel peeping and looking for problems. I was seriously spending more time looking for errors than just taking shots. Eventually I just shut everything out and stopped reading the forums here for a while and went off to play around with the camera and decide for myself whether it was a success or a dud.

My advice to you starting out would be use these forums as a good source of info with regards to which settings to try and what tricks under different conditions you can employ, and then go away for a while and just tinker and play around with the camera. There are a lot more things you can costomize and adjust on the 7D than a rebel so the good news is you can set it up the way YOU want it. The bad news is there are more things to screw up ;). So it can take a little tinkering to figure out what settings work for you. So maybe just ignore all the controversies and complaints and just try different things and then decide for yourself what you think of the results. If you hit a road block, then try the forum again and see if a solution is available.

Personally I think you are going to really enjoy the camera, but no one here can tell you that. It is only something you can decide for yourself. Happy shooting
Cheers Mike

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
uhmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow