Went to a local Street Fair - No Photography

Started Jul 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dan Marchant
Senior MemberPosts: 1,734Gear list
Like?
Re: Went to a local Street Fair - No Photography
In reply to Craig Gillette, Jul 6, 2012

Craig Gillette wrote:

That's kind of like photographers placing watermarks across their images or enforcing their copyright when images are copied. Other artists also have the right to control the way their products are copied. Instead of supporting another artist, you just made photographers look hypocritical.

Well that would be true if the OP was taking close up images of the actual product (or the product that the stall holder makes is actually stalls). As the OP made clear in his post he was photographing the street and the stalls in it. That isn't copyright infringement - you aren't "copying" an item (in the legal sense) when you take a photo that happens to include that item as part of a scene.

-- hide signature --

Dan
-

I love my girlfriend, my dog and my canon 7D 5DIII - even though none of them ever do what I tell them

I am learning photo graphee - see the results at http://www.danmarchant.com

Dan Marchant's gear list:Dan Marchant's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow