Worst. Photo. Ever.

Started Jul 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
JayBratcher
Regular MemberPosts: 274Gear list
Like?
Re: Strongly disagree
In reply to onlooker, Jul 6, 2012

onlooker wrote:

I guess I cannot disagree more strongly. Those photos are just sh#$ technically, and they are highly inappropriate for the occasion. They are all about the photographer. That is very unprofessional.

That is the problem with photography - it's many things to many people, and if it is art at all, then any opinion on it is subjective. I agree that they are inappropriate, but I'm not sure about the technical part. While it may be inappropriate to show the edge of your backdrop, there are certainly times when it is acceptable. Behind-the-scenes photography show lights, backdrops, junk laying around, etc - yet nobody questions the technical merit of these photos.

I want to hear what the photographer has to say - I suspect he was trying to make a statement, either about the US, or the Olympics in general, or as many have suggested, about the modern lack of professionalism in photography.

One thing is certain - they are very popular photographs right now. If he wanted to generate buzz, he was very successful.

JayBratcher's gear list:JayBratcher's gear list
Nikon D70 Pentax K-5 IIs Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sigma 24mm F1.8 EX DG Aspherical Macro Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow