Started Jul 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GavinR83
Forum MemberPosts: 67
Like?
NX100 Photo advice!
Jul 6, 2012

I'm relatively new to photography (only had the bug for about a year and a half to be honest) and I've been leaning on my D3100 to get my through most of my learning. I picked up the NX100 last year really cheap and it's been mostly gathering dust.

However I find the D3100 bulky and intimidating for casual street shooting so I've decided to break out the Samsung and give it a twirl.

Here's a sample that I took today:

f/5.6, ISO 200, 1/60th of a second at 24mm.

I managed to snag this trike zipping along the road just.. so. I'm rather proud of how sharp and in focus he is.

I'd like to give zone-focusing a try with it next, I don't want to wait on the focus motor and manual focusing on the fly doesn't agree well with me. However when in manual mode the focus ring is very sensitive (a little travel and it adjusts), which isn't ideal for me since I often have one hand on the body at all times while moving about. Is there anyway to disable manual focus and just lock the focus to whatever distance I've set it to?

And is there any suggestions to improve my composure while we're at it? Honest critiquing is always appreciated!

Nikon D3100 Samsung NX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow