ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OzK
OzK
Regular MemberPosts: 163Gear list
Like?
The RX100 replaces my S100, G1X, tx9 and Nex 5n in one swoop
Jul 6, 2012

The RX100 arrived yesterday... and I'm really surprised quite how redundant it has left my S100, G1x, tx9 and 5n. Really is a perfect blend of camera in terms of size and performance.

I found:
The Nex 5n to be too big.
The g1x to be too big and obviously poor at macro

The s100 leaving wanting in terms of detail and DOF - although I did prefer what I thought was the "perfect" range.

The TX9 has an amazing sensor but detail could be better. For the size though this is a near perfect camera.

24-120mm is the perfect range... if sony can get this in the next camera then they will develop the perfect camera.

BTW my Canon s100 had 'that' issue which got repaired a month ago.

If canon can get the same size sensor into the S100, plus all the bells and whistles that sony offer in the RX100 it shouldn't take too long.

Interestingly I have always found the S100 a dull camera.. it doesn't have the character of the RX100, LX5 or XZ-1... not sure if that is the lens or the sensor... but all 3 of those cameras seem to be better at capturing the emotion of a scence when it comes to jpegs, whilst the S100 pictures are dull, a bit more flat and need post processing.

Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX9 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow