K7 - lost all my settings - internal small battery?

Started Jul 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sensingsys
Senior MemberPosts: 1,511
Like?
K7 - lost all my settings - internal small battery?
Jul 6, 2012

I went on holiday last week and when I tried to use my K7 I found that all my settings including USER and time & date had reset to default. As I use two complicated sets of bracketing settings, one for indoor and another for outdoor use that I had evolved over a considerable period, this was quite a blow, plus it took me ages to re-configure back to anything like as it was.

The camera is not used very often, it often goes several months without being switched on, but the battery has never been run flat. It was previously used on about 5 separate days two months ago. I have never had this problem before. It has retained its memory OK over the five days since I last used it.

Is there a small internal battery that needs replacing? I have looked in the user's manual and done some searching on the web to no avail.

Pentax K-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow