slr hut any good? anyone bought from here before? Locked

Started Aug 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
lucianopeixoto
New MemberPosts: 1Gear list
Re: slr hut any good? anyone bought from here before?
In reply to Shihanob1, Jul 6, 2012

Thank you for this feedback!

I was wandering: Have you received your order?

I live in Brazil and want to buy a D7000. Here it costs around R$ 4000,00 for the Body + 18-105mm KIT, that means almost 1300 GBP, because of my country's "very loved" taxes (here it's just to pay for the politicians airplanes, yachts and prostitutes anyway).

My girlfriend has a lot of friends in London and recently bought a Fujifilm HS20 EXR at SLRHUT.CO.UK because it had the lowest price, it turned out ok, it was fast shipped from the USA to London and has arrived at her friend house in just a few days. That was crucial, as her friend was going to visit Brazil and bring her the camera in just 15 days. Actually we was joking about how amazing it all happened because I was waiting for a parcel posted from just another state on Brazil and it took a lot longer and costed more (Messed up country again).

I'm pretending to to buy a D7000 in London using the same logic she did. We have a friend there that will be returning soon. As my girlfriend's experience was really great, and the D7000 at SLRHUT costs about 100 GBP less than other places in UK, I was decided to order right now without even looking for reviews! Luckily I decided to take last breath before doing it and found this topic.

I've totally changed my mind. I rather order it from B&H or even Amazon.

Even trusting that the camera were going to arrive, I cannot take the risk of a long delay.

If it don't arrive in about 20 days, I'll have to wait for months before someone that can be the carrier decides to travel again!

Sorry about my bad English (is that bad anyway? I'd love feedback about it! hehehe)
Thank You again!
--
Luciano Peixoto

lucianopeixoto's gear list:lucianopeixoto's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +4 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow