Why questionners don't search first

Started Jul 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
larrytusaz
Senior MemberPosts: 2,171Gear list
Like?
SHould be More Help, Fewer "Search First" Replies
In reply to maggiemole, Jul 6, 2012

Personally, and I mean this as a GENERAL concept, NOT necessarily regarding this forum or DPreview at large, but I mean more responders should just answer the question, with a helpful tone, and not do the "search first" speech frankly. I mean, if you know the answer, why not just give it?

Yes, I understand people need to utilize the tools available to them & people shouldn't necessarily demand everything be "spoon fed" to them & not take some responsibility towards acquiring answers on their own if they're able to, and there's nothing wrong with stating this as a point of clarity--but then again, just because someone has asked a seemingly obvious question doesn't necessarily mean they're doing the "spoon feeding" bit. Maybe they DID search but can't find the answer.

Me personally, my tendency as a replier would be to just give the answer, to be helpful, not to be jumping down people's throats as if they insulted the Pope in a Catholic church or something.

larrytusaz's gear list:larrytusaz's gear list
Nikon 1 J1 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BBBNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow