ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dailypix
Contributing MemberPosts: 629
Like?
X Pro and X 100 in the DR
Jul 6, 2012

June 2012 - Death of a Breadman

On June 16 my Father-In Law Bolivar died. We brought him back for his funeral to the Dominican Republic where he was well loved by many friends and family.

One upon a time Bolivar delivered bread. First on a bicycle, later as his business prospered on a little motor bike. We travelled his route 12 km. through the countryside and 12 km. back. His humour and wonderful ability to tell stories made him welcome as did his generosity and fondness of giving free daily bread to certain poor people with very little to eat.

I imagine that he looked like this when he set out on his route at 5 am rain or shine.

I packed just the X Pro 1 with the 3 lenses and the X100. Took a ton of images and even experimented with an IR filter on the XP1.

As I took many portraits and posted them on my blog it is only fair I share a self portrait:

Anyway both cameras were great. Here is a link to the month of June for those that might be interested in the range of images I shot there. Towards the beginning of the month and at the end of May the cameras visited Europe mostly Barcelona, the south of France and Paris. Some images from there as well:

http://www.mikesjournal.com/June%202012/June%202012.htm

Comments and crit. Welcome.

Regards Michael

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow