NEX 7 telephoto search

Started Jul 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
jack scholl
Senior MemberPosts: 2,552Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX 7 telephoto search
In reply to nzmacro, Jul 5, 2012

nzmacro wrote:

It does come down to CDAF and if you are having issues with the Sony PDAF adaptor then thats a bit of a pain. Dirk in here is using it as well on a long Sony zoom, I forget which one and he was telling me at one time, he had issues with BIF's as well and that was on large birds. Might have been the 100-400mm.

I have not been impressed with the LA-EA2 object tracking so far. It may be the Sigma is confusing the issue or I haven't had enough time with it. The Nikon V1 has excellent AF with the 30-110 kit lens (which is a wonderful lens). But as you as well aware, "a little more reach" is always an issue. And when you add the FT1/55-300 you lose AF-C. They all seem to tease us with not quite enough . . . .

Sooooo ;), what we need is something along the lines of a V1 with a NEX-7 sensor. Small, light and yet takes those lenses with PDAF built in and OIS.

That would be a great combo . . . . we can always keep hoping.

Fine shots Jack and I've looked at you pbase site a couple of times and can see what you want. Fine BIF's in there I must say and a good variety. Excellent.

Thank you for the kind words, but remember all mine are with AF! Only the very few can do what you do manually . . . .

All the best Jack, not sure what the answer is mate, I was hoping at some point (as I get older) to go with that adaptor as well with Sony lenses, hmm, maybe not in that case.

Danny.

The 2nd Sigma comes tomorrow - hopefully it will be a significant step up from the first one. It took an incredible 18 copies from Sony before we got a 18-200 that was not decentered. In any case, we will keep both systems and wait for either Sony or Nikon to move forward.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Jack
--
http://www.pbase.com/jrs40

jack scholl's gear list:jack scholl's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow