5d mkiii AF problem w/ 40mm STM lens (camera or lens?)

Started Jul 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jemarks
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
5d mkiii AF problem w/ 40mm STM lens (camera or lens?)
Jul 5, 2012

Last week I picked up my new 5D mkIII and since the lense that I have isn't out yet I also bought the new 40mm F2.8 STM to use for walking around in the mean time.

Twice now I've had a problem with autofocus not being able to lock. The lens pulls in and out a couple of times through the whole range of focus but ends up not being able to lock.

It seems to coincide with me taking the camera out of the bag or something (light pressure applied to the lens). It can always be fixed by me unlocking the lense and losening and then re-tightening.

This has not happend with any of my telephoto lenses attached, but then I don't have them on the camera when I'm walking around either... So they are not being put through the same conditions. So far both the camera and the lens have been treated gently, so I don't suspect some sort of trauma to either causing this problem.

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever had this happen and if it was resolved to be a problem with the lens or the camera.

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow