OMG.. I am SO glad I stuck with Canon now!

Started Jul 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Daniel Clune
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,430Gear list
Like?
Re: Wouldn't a 1DX be a better tool for weddings? NO
In reply to Rick Knepper, Jul 5, 2012

Best camera for weddings is the one with best dynamic range without a doubt. Darn wedding dress is very easy to overexpose along with black tuxedo. So that would be D800 not 5D3 or 1DX. All three have plenty of rez for wedding pictures. Its the dynamic range that would make a real difference for weddings.

Now the over blown D800 focus problem. Its only on the farthermost outer focus point and only some cameras. Hardly like the 1DMK3 camera I had for a week, Now that was a pile of junk I quickly returned.

Boy i see a bunch of misinformation in this thread.

I like the one about 5D3 being a better low light camera. Iam like why in the world people make this stuff up. Noise wise at equal size prints the D800 is as good if not better than the 5D3. Iam not counting the jpg files as Canon went crazy with detail robbing noise reduction even at low iso's with jpg files. Pretty much what dpreview said in its review. Plenty of sample photos posted here to show this.

Rick Knepper wrote:

MASTERPPA wrote:

As much as a wish the my 5D3 had a few more features. Crop mode, better DR and a built in interval timer.. I am FLOORED by all the D800 complaints, compared to the very few 5D3 complaints..

Maybe this is why the D1X is delayed.. Canon did not rush it like Nikon MAY have with the D800. I am a wedding shooter and shoot ALL RAW, and I keep reading the wedding shooters are not happy with the D800.. I just wish the 5D3 had more DR, about 2 stops would be fine..

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy.

-- hide signature --
 Daniel Clune's gear list:Daniel Clune's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Epson Stylus Photo R1900
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow