Started Jul 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SlamdunK
Regular MemberPosts: 250Gear list
Like?
Should I go for the 12-35
Jul 5, 2012

I am playing with the idea of the 12-35, but I have a hard time figuring out if I should from a cost, capability, flexibility, usability standpoint.

I have many primes that I think does a very good job:

PL 45, PL 25, P20, P14, P8

The PL lenses are basically my favorites and think they both have a very unique rendering. I was basically hoping for a PL 17, and my kit would be very nice.

The 20mm is good when I want a small camera package, and the same with the 14mm and its good with the wide angel capability.

Last weekend I was together with a friend on a bachelor party who had the Sony a77 with 16-50 f2.8, and I have to admit the convenience of the zoom really was tempting.

So now I started thinking maybe the PL 45, PL 25 and P 14 can be sold to finance the 12-35 instead.

Then I would have the 12-35 with GF2 and LVF on regular basis.
The p 20 for small package and nice low light capability.
Then the 8mm for those ultra wide angel.

I am just a little scared that the 12-35 will be a too big of a let down for the fantastic PL lenses. I had the 14-140 earlier, but the quality just couldn't compare to the primes, as well as the size was not balanced on the GF2, I think the 12-35 would be ok in the size regard.

Anyone want to push me in one or the other direction?

-- hide signature --

I.B.

GF2, 45mm, 25, 20mm, 14mm, 8mm, LVF1

http://pitofknowledge.blogspot.com

SlamdunK's gear list:SlamdunK's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 +3 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow