Help! Red overcast Nex-7

Started Jul 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
dj0502
Regular MemberPosts: 145Gear list
Like?
Re: First-curtain shutter issue?
In reply to zackiedawg, Jul 5, 2012

zackiedawg wrote:

Hmmm...any chance this could be an electronic first-curtain shutter issue? You're using a fast lens wide open, and it seems to be oriented horizontally at all times to the frame. Something partially obscuring the frame but moving quickly would appear partially transparent, or cause vignetting, rather than appearing solid. Just an idea on what this could be. I'd say for sure it has nothing to do with white balance, as it's only affecting part of the frame.

I thought of that as well. I turned of the electronic first curtain shutter, but it did not help anything.

But I am guessing that this is due to the sensor and how it processes the information. I tried taking a pic using my phone, and as you can see there is a red band on the screen, that red band is moving from top to bottom.

I have a great gut feel that this is due to using fast lens, with high iso and low battery.

dj0502's gear list:dj0502's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 50-200mm F4-5.6 DC OS HSM Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow