E-M5 "too good"?

Started Jul 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ajendus
Regular MemberPosts: 102Gear list
Like?
Re: E-M5 "too good"?
In reply to duckling, Jul 5, 2012

I agree in some aspect and not in others. I think that one can go out and shoot with anything. Knowing your gear's limits is a good thing and does help develop creative ingenuity. Have gear that helps you in your creative freedom also is very beneficial.

One thing I don't agree with, at least some people have suggested this, is that digital has someone cheapened photography. I find this a bit specious. We have had access to cheap cameras that you can shoot and shoot and shoot with for a very long time. To suggest that digital has made good photographers a dime a dozen doesn't track. I think digital has made it easier to share, Flickr, 500px, etc. so now the pictures that were otherwise never seen by anyone because they were in a shoebox under their bed, now a free to be viewed by millions around the world.

Humans are creative beings; especially visually creative. Now we have the ability to flex that creativity through the masses. Perhaps we just had more great photographers than we thought in the human race.

-- hide signature --

-A

ajendus's gear list:ajendus's gear list
Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow