Just ordered a 5D3 and admittedly a bit nervous!

Started Jul 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ewhip
Forum MemberPosts: 62Gear list
Like?
Just ordered a 5D3 and admittedly a bit nervous!
Jul 5, 2012

Think I'll love it, but it is a huge switch for me both in systems and format. I come from years of using a Sony A700 and Minolta cams before that. I love the user friendly nature of the A700, but when I look at images from full frame cameras I find them much closer to what I want to see. And let's face it, buying new gear can be fun.

A little nervous about it obviously - I seriously, and I mean very seriously considered the D800 due to the dynamic range I'm seeing from samples, but I've also seen some really stunning 5D3 shots as well so I know it's a capable tool, as long as the user is mildly capable as well (jury out on that one.. haha).

I've been through some of the mirrorless cameras recently but just couldn't fall in love with them. Again, they are nice pieces of gear, but just not for me.

So here I sit with about 24 hours left until it all shows up. Luckily I'll be able to give it all a good shakedown on a 5 day motorcycle trip late next week, so I'm really looking forward to experimenting with it.

Sorry for being so long winded - I suppose I should find a support group somewhere... haha.

ewhip's gear list:ewhip's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D800 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow