7D firing twice when shutter pressed half way, anyone else?

Started Jul 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Steve Balcombe
Forum ProPosts: 10,786
Like?
Re: 7D firing twice when shutter pressed half way, anyone else?
In reply to aldownunder, Jul 5, 2012

The 7D shutter is not like the XXD bodies, it's taken from the 1D series and it has a different feel. When I upgraded from a 40D it took me a while to get used to it, but it was worth the effort - I definitely prefer it now.

One characteristic is that you can fire the shutter a second time by backing off the pressure just a little - not all the way back to half press - then squeezing again. It's possible to do this inadvertently, and I think this is quite likely to be what you've done. I've done it a few times - the trick is to learn to ignore it so it doesn't make you miss the next shot!

aldownunder wrote:

In the past 2 months I have had an issue with my 7D which is almost 2 years old and only shot 1948 times. The shutter when pressed half way to check the exposure details, fires 2 shots. This has happened only 3 times, the first 2 were in ISO 100 1/50 sec in Av mode and the third set at ISO 6400 trying to get a shot of the full moon last night.
The camera is set for RAW (of course) and ONE SHOT.

Maybe the new firmware upgrade in August will fix the problem but I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience.
Thanks for any input

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TypoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow