7D firing twice when shutter pressed half way, anyone else?

Started Jul 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Steve Balcombe Forum Pro • Posts: 11,638
Re: 7D firing twice when shutter pressed half way, anyone else?

The 7D shutter is not like the XXD bodies, it's taken from the 1D series and it has a different feel. When I upgraded from a 40D it took me a while to get used to it, but it was worth the effort - I definitely prefer it now.

One characteristic is that you can fire the shutter a second time by backing off the pressure just a little - not all the way back to half press - then squeezing again. It's possible to do this inadvertently, and I think this is quite likely to be what you've done. I've done it a few times - the trick is to learn to ignore it so it doesn't make you miss the next shot!

aldownunder wrote:

In the past 2 months I have had an issue with my 7D which is almost 2 years old and only shot 1948 times. The shutter when pressed half way to check the exposure details, fires 2 shots. This has happened only 3 times, the first 2 were in ISO 100 1/50 sec in Av mode and the third set at ISO 6400 trying to get a shot of the full moon last night.
The camera is set for RAW (of course) and ONE SHOT.

Maybe the new firmware upgrade in August will fix the problem but I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience.
Thanks for any input

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow