Went to a local Street Fair - No Photography

Started Jul 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Pimpleportrait
Senior MemberPosts: 1,088
Like?
Re: Went to a local Street Fair - No Photography
In reply to Kenneth Sloan, Jul 5, 2012

Just last weekend I went out to the markets. Walking down the street, I saw a Beagle Dog tethered to a tree, its ears lifting in the wind. I thought this was interesting so I positioned myself about 20 metres away, took out my bazooka lens and began shooting away each time the wind blew the little dog's ears.

Not two minutes into this, from the corner of my eye, I saw a woman, wearing a black apron and a black cafe style shirt, fast approaching me.

Lowering my "Professional" camera, I said to her, "Yes, can I help you" to which this cafe server girl replied, "Can I ask you to stop taking photos here. There are children here," to which I replied "This is a public space," to which she stormed off saying, "I'll check with my boss."

Honest to God, while I was photographing the Dog, I never did notice a child. I am now wondering, does anyone have a right to stop me, a photographer from going about my daily job?

Tomorrow, I will be holding my second public exhibition. There will be quite a crowd, amongst them, people who will happily be snapping away at my hard earned artistic photographic works and perhaps putting this up on facebook. Good luck to them, I have printed my work on glossy paper. They may as well take photos of mirrors.

Ben

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow