Started Jul 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photo perzon
Senior MemberPosts: 3,721Gear list
Like?
Sold all Nikon, now selling all m4/3 for Sony RX100, for portability
Jul 5, 2012

Aside from the Nikon DLSR and m4/3 with lens luggings in their respectice camera cases, I after taking 80,000 pictures stopped taking many pictures of "the show" at the zoo, the aquarium, fireworks, etc. It was getting to the point that I was not even watching the show, instead the little LCD or the EVF.

I noticed that most of my pictures are now social, and that the cameras I actually take out of the house are small 7 ouncers that easily fit in a jacket pocket.

While the m4/3 with three lenses is smaller than the nikon DSLR setup, I find that 95% of the time I was taking the Canon S100 or something similar.

Now the Sony will still give me a bright lens and zoom and movie, and it is 7.5 ounces.

If i were a photographer. But for social snaps, the Sony RX100 seems the sweet spot, portability and high IQ.

photo perzon's gear list:photo perzon's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow