Faintandfuzzy
Senior MemberPosts: 3,328Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes, how annoying
In reply to Le Kilt, Jul 5, 2012

Le Kilt wrote:

schmegg wrote:

Faintandfuzzy wrote:

Ask Peter Qian to find a test site that has resolution figures from a test chart that shows the 12mp of the 5D outresolves to 18mp of the 7D. To date, he has been asked many times. He can't priduce any. I've shown conmparison files from raw that cleary show more details on the 7D. He dismisses them and calls me a liar (another of his tactics).

Just ignore the fool. He's cleary out of his depth and even when side by side photos prove him wrong, he'll twist the topic and argue anyway. It's like debating with a 4 year old. These types of people love internet forums because thgey'd never survive trying the same nonsense at an association of photographers in person. The groups I belong to would kick him out in about 2 minutes.

LOL! Yeah - I've been here before too!

Funniest thing is, I'm not in any way trying to put the 5Dc down - it is to this day a great camera. But to him it seems that it is just the best camera ever made and there is absolutely no way that a crop camera could possibly be better at a single thing than it is.

I find it amusing and I weight in occasionally (much less than I stay out of it) just to put it right for those who may be wondering about the facts (though they are probably in the wrong place if they are after facts - this forum is full of every different opinion under the sun!)

Anyway - I'll wander off at some point. There is much more to life (and making great images) than the mostly trivial difference in resolution between any of these cameras.

I sympathise, isn't it annoying that despite all that he is the one with the best photos on display?

Are you refering to his vacation snapshots, or the dime a dozen airshow pics? Just curious.

Faintandfuzzy's gear list:Faintandfuzzy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Nikon Coolpix 950 Olympus E-10 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow