ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ck3
ck3
Senior MemberPosts: 2,753
Like?
Overzealous moderation
Jul 5, 2012

Am I the only one who notices that recently subthreads or whole threads get deleted fairly quickly (just now the thread on downsampling got "pruned" and I noticed that a quite interesting thread on the NEX-forum on the origins of the OM-5 sensor disappeared).

I find that quite disturbing (and) disappointing, since some of the posters whose messages get lost this way obviously took quite some effort to post them (not me, fortunately - I never do ;-)).

I have the sneaky suspicion the community moderators started their work and I don't like what I see (it seems bobn2 got banned as well, that would fit the picture).

Now, I don't mind if the useless bickering between me and say Evilone gets deleted, but if somebody posts something that is OT but leads to interesting discussions or if there is some back and forth between our resident troll (we all know whom I'm talking of) and other posters which exceeds the intellectual level of "you troll, go away", I'm all for letting these exchanges stand.

Just my opinion.

-- hide signature --

I'm an object for your pity, not your rage

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow