7D firing twice when shutter pressed half way, anyone else?

Started Jul 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Le Kilt
Senior MemberPosts: 1,662
Like?
Re: Because you're in the wrong message
In reply to ARShutterbug, Jul 5, 2012

ARShutterbug wrote:

Please pay attention to the part of the thread you're replying to. I'm talking to TTMartin, not the OP.

Sorry if I've ruffled feathers, I have read all the thread and was replying to your post.

Perhaps you didn't grasp that the point I'm making is that the OP is quoting "one shot" which is irrelevant, so I presume (maybe wrongly) that he is mistaking the AF mode with the drive mode, and thinks "one shot" is telling him he is in single-shooting mode when he is in fact in high-speed drive mode. So yes, he would be in a "wrong" drive mode in that case, which would be the most likely explanation.

Using a continuous drive mode does indeed not mean that the camera must be made to take multiple frames during each press of the shutter button, but for a single shot you have to press the shutter release for less than 1/8', easily reached if you think you're in single-shooting.
Not sure, but the exif data may reveal the AF mode and drive mode...

If that was intentional, the drive mode would be irrelevant as I explained. Please actually read the whole message that you repeated before criticizing it, in addition to my original reply to the OP. Using a continuous drive mode does not mean that the camera must be made to take multiple frames during each press of the shutter button. So, there's either something wrong with the camera or the user, as I explained in a previous message.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TypoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow