Started Jul 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
blooze
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
Upgrade from D40 to D200 or D300S
Jul 4, 2012

After 5 years of playing with the D40 that has gotten me back on track I've decided to spend some money over the next year and upgrade my computer, software, and gear. I've been looking at a D300s, but my best friend (who actually got me to buy the D40) has a very well kept D200 with mbd200, 4 extra batts, cards, sb800, Nikon 18-70 3.5-4.5, and a sigma 28-80 3.5-5.6 macro he's looking to unload after getting a D300S last year and a D3X this year. I don't know how many actuations are on the D200, but I know he takes very good care of his gear and he only had it a couple of years. I'm sure I could pick up the lot for $700 or so (I haven't made him an offer yet), which I think would be a pretty good deal.

So the question is, do I buy the package or is it worth waiting a while till I have money for the D300S?
--
http://www.shanemoorephotography.smugmug.com

Nikon D200 Nikon D300S Nikon D3X Nikon D40
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow