Started Jul 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rpps
Senior MemberPosts: 1,234Gear list
Like?
New D700 Lens Idea
Jul 4, 2012

This week I bought a D700 to replace my D300s but in the process I had to sell my 2 DX lenses a Nikon 16-85mm and the 55-200mm, this left me with only one lens for my new camera a Nikon 50mm f1.8d.

I thought this would limit my options when framing shots and I wouldn't be able to get the right composition I wanted. Went out yesterday to try my new camera out I was just amazed by the image quality of the FX format. I was taking Landscape type photos so when I couldn't fit all the scene in I would take 2-3 shots and later on when processing my RAW files to JPEG I would then stitch the photos together and make a panorama, from there I could crop this Panorama any way I wanted and still end up with a photo composition I wanted and decent quality.
This gets me by until I decide on what lens to get for the D700.
I just LOVE this new D700

rpps's gear list:rpps's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +3 more
Nikon D300S Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow