Started Jun 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
TANK_JONES
Senior MemberPosts: 1,008Gear list
Like?
Re: Do you have an Olympus E3 HLD4 vertical grip - please help me
In reply to LJSmak, Jul 4, 2012

LJSmak wrote:

brucenznz wrote:

I want to buy a new HLD4 vertical grip from Amazon but want to ask for people's MORE RECENT EXPERIENCES - has anyone bought a new HLD4 Vertical Grip for an E3 in the past 2 years and found any problems.

I bought a new one with my E5, the old one on my E3 also had problems every now and then, mainly causing the camera to switch off, and when turned on again, the settings were like when I last turned on the camera, so sometimes very different... this gave me lots of irritation obviously. Didn't happen all that often though.

I think I have read it is actually a hardware fault in the older models of the grip, which makes it see the voltage lower than it is, or something like that... (which causes the emergency shutdown of the camera)

The new one has caused me ZERO problems. (but has only been used with the E5. I still own the E3+ old grip)

Lourens

Actually what you describe here is precisely the issue I had with my E-3. I just shipped it off to Olympus in NY for repairs along with the grip and to have it serviced at the same time (rubber grips coming off, LCD screen coming apart, etc). So, in the meantime, I'm working with a rented E-5... Wow... really loving this camera!

I will say that it really makes me long for an OMD EM-5 setup in a full E-X size body. I plan to get both the EM-5 and the next level level up for the flagship of Olympus.

-- hide signature --

TANK
'Why is it everytime I need to get somewhere, we get
waylaid by jackassery?' - Dr. Venture
http://www.myspace.com/servantoflove

TANK_JONES's gear list:TANK_JONES's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm 1:4.0 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 35-100mm 1:2.0 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow