7D firing twice when shutter pressed half way, anyone else?

Started Jul 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
TTMartin
Senior MemberPosts: 4,728Gear list
Like?
Re: Error documented?
In reply to ARShutterbug, Jul 4, 2012

ARShutterbug wrote:

If there was really a problem, it should be reproducible, and anything that causes the shutter to release before the release mechanism is triggered properly would be a pretty serious error that doesn't make any sense. Are you saying that this problem is described in the manual for Firmware Version 2? I've never heard of it, and why would it only affect certain cameras occasionally?

Actually, my 7D camera is set to AI Servo. What made you assume that it was set to One Shot today?

I was posting for the OP, he thought that selecting One Shot made the camera only take one picture, this is NOT true. One Shot is a focus mode, and has nothing to do with the drive mode that allows more than one photo to be taken at once.

I am saying that how to set the drive mode is explained on page 93 of the origional manual, and page 97 of the updated manual. It is not a problem with the camera, it is a problem with the camera being inadvertantly set to the wrong drive mode.

TTMartin's gear list:TTMartin's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot SD1000 Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TypoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow