Professional Photoshop retouchers

Started Jul 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
KPH
KPH
Senior MemberPosts: 1,566
Like?
Kiran
In reply to Kiran P, Jul 4, 2012

It would be interesting to see the difference, before and after pp on some of your landscapes. What sort of look do you find customers go for?

Kiran P wrote:

I think in this case your request in my opinion is totally way off. If you are shooting landscape, I think so much of the work is done in computer, not just out on the field. Sure you frame up your shot and you are there to capture it, but of all the stuff that sells, and I do have some images that are selling very very well, it has nothing to do with the capturing the image. The famous landmarks of any major city are photographed to death for example, many times from the same vantage points. What will set a selling photo apart from the snapshot really is what goes into the post processing and your intention for the final image. Weddings work this way as well, and you can always spot out the "look" of a particular photographer. Sure he may use a regular retoucher to do his work in his manner, but he is really guiding this process. Shooting landscapes just requires you to do the post processing, which to me is easily half of the finished photo.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow