Consumer Reports Sony SLR ratings

Started Jul 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Keith Hanlan
Regular MemberPosts: 268Gear list
Like?
Re: Consumer Reports Sony SLR ratings
In reply to Chip Scavone, Jul 4, 2012

Chip Scavone wrote:

For a good laugh, check out the August 2012 issue of Consumer Reports. The A55, A33, A65 and NEX-7 are all all ranked above the A77.

Consumer Reports has a different objective than your average photography reviewer. It is aimed at identifying value for money. That includes assigning a not insignificant weight to the reliability of the product - something almost completely ignored by other camera reviewers (and pixel peepers). I'd say that those four cameras do provide better bang for the buck than the A77. That doesn't mean that they're "better" cameras than the A77.

I use Consumer Reports when I'm buying an appliance or a car. I don't use it when I'm buying a motorcycle or a DSLR. (I would look at it when I'm interested in buying a P&S however - primarily for the purposes of assessing reliability.)

Regards,
Keith

Keith Hanlan's gear list:Keith Hanlan's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony a77 II Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow