OMD-E5 as an action camera, any experience?

Started Jun 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Melbourne Park
Senior MemberPosts: 2,405Gear list
Like?
Oly says:
In reply to The Skipper, Jul 4, 2012

Oly manual says this (page 56):

1. Cautions

• The confirmation display is not available during sequential shooting at frame rates under 5 fps. At rates of 5 fps or above, the last photo taken will be displayed during shooting.

Now ... if you have sequential Low setting, the camera takes 4 frames per second, while holding the shutter button all the way down. And it can autofocus each shot doing that.

However, if you select sequential High setting, the camera takes 9 frames per second while holding the shutter button down, but it cannot autofocus continually. It just sets the camera - including the focus - on the first shot taken. And during this mode, the last photo taken is shown on the viewfinder (I presume also the LCD if selected)

So ... I think the view is live when using the sequential low setting - ie 4 frames per second, auto focus enabled etc. Of course, things are blacking out when the photos are being snapped, but with action, one uses a fast shutter, so there's plenty to view, at least so far, there has been for me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow