Started Jul 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mgblack74
Senior MemberPosts: 1,544Gear list
Like?
Maternity shot C&C please.
Jul 4, 2012

I do mostly weddings and environmental stuff. Studio work is few and far between. This was a DIY studio in my basement. This is my second time working with this client. Her previous pregnancy shoot was done in a more natural wooded/stream area with her husband. 2nd time around she wanted more of a studio look.

Technical info
D800, ISO 100
85 1.4G @ f/4
24x24 Softbox w SB-900 @ 1/32 or 1/64 aimed every so slightly to camera

5 in 1 diffuser with black side facing camera & black drape behind her, to camera right.
Fired with SU-800
Minimal PP, couple clicks to enhance blacks
Unfortunately, resized to 3mp for upload purposes

This is my first studio application with the D800. Even after a couple of months of using it, the resolution and DR blows me away. I was able to xoom in and see skin creases on her hand like it was a macro shot. Anyway, I'm not hung up on the mp, but it's fun to fool around and see what you get. Cheers!

-- hide signature --

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

mgblack74's gear list:mgblack74's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +4 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow