Transporting 600 f4

Started Jul 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
mikew
Contributing MemberPosts: 547Gear list
Like?
Re: Transporting 600 f4
In reply to davespics, Jul 4, 2012

I have a 600 VR and it just fits, without the hood ( which you should pack in your checked bag ) in the Think Tank AIrport International. I can actually put the 200-400 in with the 600. This leaves little room for anything else. So you need a shoulder bag - I suggest the Think Tank Urban Dissguise 60, which holds 2 bodies, 70-200 2.8, other smaller lenses, laptop. The TT AIrport International looks small, and is less conspicuous than other bags.

The problem is becoming the weight of the carry-ons. I am going to Brazil soon, on an Airbus 330, a plane with great overhead storage. But the airline has limited carry-ons to 10 lbs. The bag alone weighs nearly that much. If they check the weight, I will remove stuff from the bag and carry it on my shoulder orin the pockets of a jacket I carry with me just for that purpose.
Good luck and have a great trip.

mikew's gear list:mikew's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 600mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow