Started Jul 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
digit
Contributing MemberPosts: 578
Like?
camera strap
Jul 3, 2012

OK, looking for advice about camera straps. I was on a hike in the blueridge NC and came across a guy (was using a Nikon but didn't hold that against him). What I like was what was holding his Nikon. It was a strap that is more like a sling. I have worn my strap like a sling but this was made to be worn like that. It had a slip ring on it so he could have the camera by his side and just bring it up to shoot.

Good idea for a stap but what I didn't like it was that it was attached in the tripod screw hole. Would be a pain when you want to use a tripod often. Also I would worry about it coming loose.

Today I did a look see on the web and see there are several makes of this type of camera strap. Some have a bottom mount that also allow for a quick disconnect plate for a trypod but then you have so much "stuff" hanging on the bottom of the camera making it hard to get into the bag. Optech makes a version that uses a connector that connects to the existing strap connections on the camera but the strap looks like it would get in the way for taking vertical shots.

So, what do any of you use of this type? Suggestions? Or is the good 'ol around the neck the best to stay with.
--
Focus - Click - Repeat,

http://jbtty.dyndns.org/photo

There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are. Ernst Haas

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow