Okay, For Me It's Now Leica-m For Life, My M9 & Leica Lenses Have Won My Favor.

Started Jul 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BRJR
Forum ProPosts: 13,641Gear list
Like?
Okay, For Me It's Now Leica-m For Life, My M9 & Leica Lenses Have Won My Favor.
Jul 3, 2012

1. It took me almost two years to arrive at this conclusion, but in all honesty for my life-style, type of shooting, and how and where I use a camera, my Leica M9 and Leica-m lenses win out over all the photography gear I have ever had.

2. In this regard, starting a little over a week ago, I was fortunate in being able to sell off a large portion of my DSLR equipment (you know, that heavy and large stuff a lot of us that now shoot with Leica-m Bodies and lenses, no longer like to haul around ). What's left now is my Leica gear, still some Nikon gear -- but, after I similarly trim all but two of my Nikkor zoom lenses from my collection (will keep the 28-300VR & 70-300), including that huge & heavy prime 300mm f2.8 VR, my collection will consist of mainly my leica equipment and just a few smaller Nikkor primes for use on the "one" smallest Nikon full-frame Body I will continue to have (currently, it's my D700, but there is rumor of a smaller Nikon FX camera body on the horizon).

3. Now, how has the Leica-m system affected others of you, if any, that were like me DSLR shooters and fans, prior to discovering and obtaining Leica equipment?
--

"Working for God on earth does not pay much, but His Retirement plan is out of this world."

BRJR ....(LOL, some of us are quite satisfied as Hobbyists ..)

BRJR's gear list:BRJR's gear list
Nikon D700 Leica M9 Nikon AF Nikkor 14mm f/2.8D ED Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +21 more
Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow