ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
boeckelr
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
XZ-1 or LX-5
Jul 3, 2012

Hi everyone,

I am trying to decide on a camera for my mom's birthday.

I think I have it narrowed down to either the XZ-1 or the Panasonic LX-5. The Canon S100 was in contention but I am concerned about its lens problems.

I know there are probably a number of these "vs" threads on here....I have read some blogs that have done comparisons between these cameras. And I know that this is the Olympus forum.

Here is my main question/concern - and please remember that I am not a photographer. How big of an issue is the fact that the XZ-1 lens is 28mm at its widest, while the LX-5 is 24mm? My mom doesnt take alot of landscape photos...she usually has a specific subject. But what about taking pictures of a group of people say at a table....is 28mm going to be wide enough so that she wont have to stand a mile away to fit everyone in the shot?

And given that the LX-5 is essentially the same camera is the LX-3, which has been out for several years....does the fact that the XZ-1 is a much newer camera have any significance?

Any other advice that you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

I think I will post the same thread on the Panasonic forum.

Thanks,
Mike

Olympus XZ-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow