Started Jul 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,864Gear list
Like?
Panny 12-35 - worth it?
Jul 3, 2012

A rhetorical question, because I'm keeping mine. It arrived yesterday and I only had a chance to put it on the E-M5 today. Its very sharp for a zoom. Fully extended (fnah) at 35mm it has fine quality bokeh, but (unsurprisingly) the bokeh gets a bit harsh at wider angles. My first impression is that I like it a lot. It isn't worth the £1000 I paid for it but I recall paying about £900 for a similar sony zeiss lens and thats about the price I would be prepared to pay for this. As it is I will keep it.

It does look a bit crazy on the silver E-M5 though - it's a bit, well, purple. Never mind, I suspect that since I generally look a mess everywhere I go, I wouldn't be the kind of person who worries about silver lenses on a black body (hence I can put up with a purple lens on a silver body). Not being critical about those that do worry about these things, I'm just glad that they have time to focus on things other than whether they've got out of the house with their belt, keys, wallet and phone. Sometimes I'm lucky and I take my E-M5... I digress.

Anyway, a quick photo of the E-M5 with the purple meanie mounted...

Anyway, I will post some photos from the E-M5 panny 12-35 combo on this thread when I get the chance. I will strive to ensure there is a theme and that I don't accidentally take a photo of someone's ID...

sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon D750
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow