Protective Filter for 70-200 VR

Started Jul 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
1RichieB
Forum MemberPosts: 94Gear list
Like?
Re: Protective Filter for 70-200 VR
In reply to Red G8R, Jul 3, 2012

I believe I am going to have to go with the Nikon filter for my 70-200. I have one of those on my 28-70 (very nice lens, but not a focal range I use alot) and I really like the ease with which the Nikon lens cap attaches to this filter, whereas the B&W filter did not accept the cap as easily.

The B&W was great, but in the end I am always the happiest with Nikon products.

Btw, I just got a 1.4 TC II and it is outstanding with the 70-200 as long as you are not using continuous focus on an object moving strainght at you, like a baseball player. W/O the TC my 70-200 is extremely fast focusing on my D300, spot-on when tracking moving objects or shooting sports. With the TC it is very sharp, particularly at the long end, but not quite as good when tracking moving objects. I think I need to work on my technique a little and I also may need to try calibrating the lens at the short end. I also may need to send my 70-200 in for a checkup. I have had it for about 8 years and have shot a significant amount of sports with it... I don't understand anyone not liking the 70-200, absolutely an awesome lens.

Thanks for the feedback.

1RichieB's gear list:1RichieB's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D70 Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow