Started Jul 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vbuhay
Contributing MemberPosts: 579Gear list
Like?
Wedding Shoot: Need Tips, Recomendations and Reminders
Jul 3, 2012

I am doing a wedding shoot in less than 2 weeks and I am trying to decide which Camera body with which lens and strobes to use. It is going to be held in a park – outdoors around 10:30 AM - West Coast Location. I have the following equipment:

Bodies:
K5
K20D

Lenses:
16-50 f2.8
50-135 f2.8
35 Ltd (Macro) f2.8
43 Ltd f1.9
16 – 45 f4.0

Strobes:
AF-540GFZ
AF-360FGZ

2X Vivitar 283s + Umbrellas (white and silver reflector) with wireless triggers + 2 stands.

I did some test Shots last weekend with the K5 + 16-50 + AF-540 - See below for results:

The wedding should have similar if not the same conditions. As preparation a month ago, I gave the Bride and Groom a list of possible shots for the wedding and they accepted 95% of them and edited the rest accordingly and we have agreed with the shots and poses they would like. I am sure I will be taking other pictures than what is in the list just for fun...

Any tips recommendations and reminders would be appreciated… note this is my first time as a pro. I have been a serious hobbyist since late ‘70s.

vbuhay's gear list:vbuhay's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Nikon D800E Nikon D7100 +23 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow