Canon shows you what good warranty policy is

Started Jul 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jeff Seltzer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,680
Like?
Did you fall on your head?
In reply to Photohobbyfun, Jul 3, 2012

I don't understand what all this nonsense is about Fuji. According to the Canon website, the warranty procedure is to either send in proof of purchase (receipt), or you don't need to if you registered your camera via the registration card contained in a new package. How is this different than Fuji??? It does not say they will honor stolen cameras. It does not say they will honor used cameras purchased from another country on eBay without registration card or receipt.

Photohobbyfun wrote:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/07/02/canon-powershot-s100-product-advisory

Canon has issued a product advisory for the PowerShot S100 compact camera. According to Canon, some cameras are prone to a lens defect which is caused by a component part coming loose in the interior of the lens. This is more likely to happen in certain environmental conditions such as high temperature and/or humidity. Canon promises to repair affected cameras regardless of the warranty status. This appears to be a separate issue to the lens decentering problems that plagued our experience with the S100 when we reviewed it late last year.

Canon promising to fix affected cameras regardless of warranty status makes sense. Canon knows they have an engineering/manufacturing defect so they acknowledge that warranty status shouldn't matter.

I love my X100 but seeing people get burnt by the sticky aperture issue outside of warranty does not instill confidence in the brand.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow