Started Jul 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
noddydog
Regular MemberPosts: 279
Like?
Should I replace my D300
Jul 3, 2012

My full time job is a professional videographer for a Charity. As part of this role I have access to a Canon 600d with a 30mm and 12mm lens. I also use none DLSR camcorders, e.g. Canon XF300

But this role aside I've have my own a Nikon D300 + f2.8 70-200mm, 50mm and 18-70mm

Someone I work with has offered to buy my D300 body for around £500 (Sterling).

However despite the fact I hardly ever use my D300 I don't want to be without a body. I also like my Nikon glass and don't want to jump camps.

Given that my private camera kit doesn't get a lot of use I'm thinking of buying a new Nikon consumer DSLR (opposed to the Prosumer camp which the D300 in in). Since I spend most of my time focused on the video market I have really lost touch with what Nikon is producing these days.

So I have three questions:

1) What would be a good Nikon consumer DSLR right now around the £600 mark?

2) Apart from build quality, what am I likely to lose by downgrading from the D300

3) Since I'm a videographer by trade it's always handy to have an extra DLSR with video capabilities. So how might this influence the body choice?

Thanks.

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow