Senior MemberPosts: 2,478Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony sensor in E-M5?!
In reply to forpetessake, Jul 3, 2012

forpetessake wrote:

Sergey Borachev wrote:

Do you think this is possible?

This is just a wild guess, but look at these:

That's how the conspiracy theories are born. The wild guesses become firm beliefs. While it was centuries ago when Mr. Occam formulated an easy to grasp approach to probabilities, "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem" or in my lax translation, "don't multiply entities without necessity." There is no necessity to speculate beyond the ordinary, that Olympus used easily available sensor from it's partner in alliance, namely Panasonic. The 16MP sensor which already demonstrated good qualities in Panasonic cameras, and could have been easily modified for Olympus specs. An observing individual would also notice that DPR test OM-D pictures show uncanny resemblance to Panasonic GX1 and G3 pictures in noise structure and histogram distribution. It's easy to see increased sharpening and improved noise reduction algorithm, but pictures look very much the same.

What is that with OM-D crowd that they feel the need to break away from Panasonic so they are ready to entertain the wildest theories?

I have another wild theory, forpetessake. And that is this E-M5 might just have that DXOmark's rating of 13.

By the way, are you also known as Detail Man by any chance? Sorry if not, but all these "Entia non sunt .... ..." and your way of writing sure sound familiar to the only one I have put on Ignore.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
hehNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow