RX100 Sensor in a bridge? Balance between optical and sensor quality?

Started Jul 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Eigenmeat
Regular MemberPosts: 433Gear list
Like?
RX100 Sensor in a bridge? Balance between optical and sensor quality?
Jul 3, 2012

Having tried a D3200 with a Tamron 18-270 PZD and Sigma 18-250OS recently, I can say that I am disappointed. A one lens solution with a DSLR simply does not work well. Compared to my friend's FZ150, the DSLR combo wins out at wide angel thanks to superior sensor performance, but simply fall apart at longer focal length due to weak lens quality. While the FZ150 lens is pretty sharp at all range, its sensor performance is lacking.

OK I know, I know, zoom range like the FZ150/HX200 on a 1' sensor will require a large lens. I can totally accept up to a A65 size body plus a 67mm filter lens and cost up to a $1000. That will provide us with simple grab and forget package with respectable optical AND sensor performance.

DSLR+Superzoom lens: Excellent sensor performance, bad optical performance

Current High end Super Zoom(FZ150/HX200): excellent optical performance for their range, abysmal sensor performance
1' sensor bridge: A good balance between optical and sensor performance

Nikon D3200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow